WFP Vacancy Announcements - Deadline 24 May 2011
Vacancy Announcement No. 2011/TLS-013
Position Title: Programme Assistant (1 position)
Duration: One year Service Contract
Duty Station: Baucau
Deadline of Application: 24 May 2011
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-Office (HoSO)/Programme Officer, Country Office the Programme Assistant will do following duties:
· Assist the SO in liaising with the Departments of Health, Education, Social Solidarity and Agriculture for planning and implementing WFP programmes.
· Assist the SO in identifying fields of development where food aid can be usefully employed and give assistance in planning and formulating new requests for WFP aid.
· Assist in assessing the food needs for MCHN, SM, FFW as well as emergency and displaced person situations for planning purposes.
· Prepare monthly monitoring plan, supervise FMAs, provide technical guidance and take the lead in preparing monitoring report.
· Assist with the preparation of the weekly situation reports and other periodical reports by collecting necessary inputs from WFP Field Monitor Assistant (FMA) and from other sources.
· Assist FMAs in the review of reports prepared by the implementing partners and prepare FRNs.
· Undertake at least 4 visits every month to project sites to monitor programme implementation and prepare back-to-office report.
· Coordinate with FMAs in conducting market spot-checks and food situation in the districts covered by the SO on a monthly basis in order for the SO to inform the CO timely for necessary
· Bring to the attention of the HoSO any issues/problems arising from Sub-Office's Operation, Administration, Human Resources, Finance and ICT.
· Assist the HoSO in establishing partnership with other institutions by organizing meetings with stakeholders including other UN agencies, NGOs and the District Administration.
· Participate in coordination and other meetings within the framework of the PRRO and prepare meeting minutes.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Secondary School Education preferably supplemented by courses in a field related to WFP programmatic activities.
· Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible support experience including at least one year in the field of accounting, transport, insurance, statistics, operations or another related field.
· Fluency in both oral and written English. Knowledge of local languages.
· Good computer skills in Excel, Word and Database; ability to write clear and concise reports in English.
· Readiness to perform frequent duty trips within the country as required.
Qualified candidates are requested to quote the Vacancy Number on the envelopes and send or hand deliver their application letter, enclosing their updated CVs together with copies of academic and professional certificates, names and addresses of three referees to:
Human Resources Unit OR Head of Sub Office
UN World Food Programme UN World Food
Rua Balide, Mascarenhas, P.O. Box133, Dili, Timor Leste Baucau Sub Office.
Post is open to male and female candidates, but female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Date of Issue: 10/05/2011
WFP GIVES AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL GENDER OR EMPLOYEE