Project Coordinator - Haburas Foundation
TERMS OF REFERENCE
FOOD and BIODIVERSITY Project
Haburas Foundation is seeking a Project Coordinator for its FOOD and BIODIVERSITY project, funded by the Spanish NGO Cives Mundi and the Spanish Agency for International Cooperation and Development (AECID). The project site is located in Nino Konis Santana National Park, Lautem, Timor-Leste. The main objective of the project is to preserve the area’s biodiversity while achieving an improvement in the food security situation, income diversification and community participation in the management of the park. The Project Coordinator will be based in Dili and will be required to travel to Lautem district frequently (Tutuala, Mehara, Bauro, Com, Muapitine and Lore I).
Main duties and responsibilities:
The Project Coordinator, under the supervision of Haburas Foundation’s Director and in close coordination with Cives Mundi’s Country Representative, will:
· Ensure the effective implementation of the project
· Plan – both technically and financially- and coordinate the implementation of the project activities
· Write technical reports about the project implementation on a monthly basis
· Manage and supervise the work of a total of 4 regular staff and eventual consultants
· Participate in coordination meetings with Cives Mundi, the National Park Authority and UNESCO, among other partners
· Maintain good relations and constant communication with the local governments (6 sucos) and the beneficiaries, representing Haburas Foundation and the project
· University degree in environmental science, agriculture, economics, administration or similar
· At least 3 years of experience in project management, preferably in environmental or agricultural projects with international donors or partners
· Fluency in both Tetun and English
· Understanding of the Fataluko cultural context will be valued
· Ability to write quality reports in English
· Car and motorbike driving license, able to drive motorbikes with manual gears (Honda Megapro style)
· Physically fit for field work
· Availability for travelling frequently to Lautem, even at short notice
· Good time management and organizational skills
· Pro-active and result-oriented individual, concerned about environmental conservation
The salary will be set at around 600 USD per month, depending on qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their CVs on or before December 14, either to Mr. Sius Bolang at Haburas Foundation’s Office (Rua Celestino da Silva, Farol, Dili), or by email to Mr. Demetrio de Amaral (email@example.com) AND Mr. Pedro Martinez (firstname.lastname@example.org), specifying in the subject: “Application Project Coordinator – FOOD and BIODIVERSITY project”.