Project Coordinator, Expanded Financial Literacy and Livelihoods Program
Position Title: Project Coordinator, Expanded Financial Literacy and Livelihoods Program
Location: Ermera, Timor-Leste
Start Date: The project is expected to commence April 1, 2012.
Employer: The position is being offered by MORIS RASIK, the largest Microfinance Institution in Timor-Leste. While the position will be funded by Moris Rasik, the Project Coordinator will be managed by World Education, a US-based INGO providing technical support to Moris Rasik.
Moris Rasik is the largest microfinance institution in Timor-Leste, providing access to loans and training in small business for nearly 13,000 women nationwide. In 2011, Moris Rasik, World Education, and NZAID entered into a pilot project to expand Moris Rasik’s services to include Financial Literacy and small enterprise skills training to its clients. Based on the success of this pilot, the program is preparing to expand to include a wider number of beneficiaries (7,000 rural Timorese Women are expected to take part across a majority of the country’s districts) and services offered. A new component will also be added in the form of agricultural education training to improve nutrition, food security, and diversification of income generating sources. Through these activities, the project aims to increase loan productivity while improving the livelihoods of poor families.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing all aspects related to project implementation including:
· Supervision and mentoring of 15 member team.
· Liaising with Moris Rasik Foundation senior management in Dili.
· Maintaining regular communication with World Education technical staff.
· Ensuring that implementation meets targets on time with high quality.
· Managing budgetary and financial aspects of program implementation (with backstopping from Moris Rasik and World Education).
· Providing community, government, and civil society outreach.
· Representing the program to other stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
Throughout the life of the program:
· Provide guidance, mentoring and oversight to ensure the effective implementation of activities by Moris Rasik to achieve stated goals and objectives, within budget parameters and according to the time bound work plan.
· Make regular site visits to monitor implementation of activities in various districts.
· Develop capacity of Moris Rasik to incorporate rigorous Monitoring and Evaluation tools and ensure that the project collects required M&E data.
· Work with project staff to develop the capacity of Moris Rasik trainers.
· Provide regular financial and narrative reports.
· Represent the program to donors, authorities, local partners, and other stakeholders.
· Foster relationships with local authorities and other stakeholders to ensure program buy-in.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Project management experience including solid coordination, organizational, reporting and M&E skills are essential for this position.
· Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required.
· Fluency in Bahasa or Tetun is highly desirable.
· Training and training management experience, particularly with adult education and/or agriculture sectors.
· Excellent communication – report writing, networking – and computer skills.
· Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to work with a wide range of stake-holders.
· Self-motivated, independent, and willing to work in remote areas as needed.
· Commitment to community development and human resource development in Timor-Leste.
· Must possess a motorcycle license and be able to ride a motorcycle in remote areas.
· University degree, ideally in relevant development sector.
· Curriculum development experience is useful though not required.
Competitive compensation and benefits package. Content of package to be negotiated with successful candidate.
To apply please send a CV and letter of interest to: email@example.com