Plan International Recruitment: National Basic Education Program
Plan International invites applications for the position of
National Basic Education Program Coordinator
Plan, one of the world’s largest children’s INGOs, works with children and poor communities in 50 developing countries, Visit www.plan-international.org .
Plan is growing in Timor-Leste! We seek enthusiastic professionals who want long term careers with a major international NGO. As an equal opportunity employer we strongly encourage applications from women and from people with disabilities. Plan offers competitive salaries and long-term employment opportunities.
· Develop strategic and operational plans and budgets for the Basic Education program
· Manage program implementation and expenditure, and supervise staff
· Ensure Program aligns with government’s policies
· Provide Basic Education technical input to and support to staff and government and NGO partners
· Conduct regular field visits to monitor the quality of the programs
· Develop strong relationships with other organizations working in the basic education sector
· Represent Plan in national, regional and international basic education meetings
Qualifications and experience include
· Degree level education preferably in the field of education
· Professional courses on child development, child-centred teaching and learning methods, education management information systems, teacher training, project management, community organizing
· At least 3 years experience working in education programs;
· Experience in participatory and a community development approaches
· Understanding of Timor-Leste’s current education issues, trends, challenges and opportunities
· Fluent spoken and written English a major advantage.
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- Strong ICT skills, including Word, Excel and e-communications, are essential
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 30 JANUARY 2013
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send resume/CV, with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees, to email@example.com or by hand to Plan, Rua Pantai Kelapa, Dili, Timor-Leste. Please mention in cover letter where you saw the advertisement.