Plan International Recruitment: Disaster Risk Management (DRM)
Plan International invites applications for the position of
Disaster Risk Management (DRM) Program Manager
Plan, one of the world’s largest children’s INGOs, works with children and poor communities in 50 developing countries, Visit www.plan-international.org .
Plan is growing in Timor-Leste! We seek enthusiastic professionals who want long term careers with a major international NGO. As an equal opportunity employer we strongly encourage applications from women and from people with disabilities. Plan offers competitive salaries and long-term employment opportunities.
· Lead implementation of Disaster Risk Reduction Project for schools
· Lead development and implementation of a general Disaster Preparedness Plan for Plan T-L
· Design and lead Plan’s response in the event of an emergency or disaster
· Manage Program budgets and supervise staff
· Represent Plan T-L in national and international disaster meetings and forums
· Prepare concept papers and proposals for funding
Qualifications and experience include
· Degree level education
· 3 years senior experience in managing DRR projects
· 3 years senior experience in managing disaster response
· Budget management and staff supervision
· Fluent written and spoken English and Tetun
· Professional experience in a children’s organization and/or international organization a major advantage
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- Strong ICT skills, including Word, Excel and e-communications, are essential
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 30 JANUARY 2013
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send resume/CV, with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees, to email@example.com or by hand to Plan, Rua Pantai Kelapa, Dili, Timor-Leste. Please mention in cover letter where you saw the advertisement.