PLAN INTERNATIONAL INVITATION FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST: BASIC EDUCATION CONSULTANCY
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST INVITED: BASIC EDUCATION CONSULTANCY
Plan International is an international child rights organization. Plan’s current programs in Timor Leste include Early Child Care and Development, Water Sanitation and Hygiene, Youth Empowerment, Child Protection, Disaster Risk Management and, soon, Inclusive Education.
Plan Timor Leste is now considering a broader program in basic education, initially focusing on Alieu District.
The overall objectives will be to increase access to education, reduce drop-out and improve the quality of learning, with a special emphasis on girls.
Tasks. Plan seeks a consultant education specialist to support the initial stages of the design of the basic education program. The consultant’s tasks will include:
· Identification of the principle shortfalls, obstacles and opportunities in relation to access to, and quality of, basic education in Alieu
· Mapping of current and planned activities of District education authorities and others in Alieu District
· Mapping of current and planned activities of international and national development partners in basic education
· Identification of successful interventions and practices, and “lessons learned” in basic education in Timor Leste
· Identification of potential partnerships and alliances with national and international development partners
· Recommendations and an outline proposal on how Plan can contribute to improved access to, and quality of, basic education, linking this with Plan’s other programs in Alieu.
Consultant’s professional background. Ideally the consultant will have:
· A postgraduate qualification in an educational field
· At least five years senior professional experience in education or educational management
· Demonstrated successful experience in educational program design
· Fluent written and spoken English
· Fluent written and spoken Tetun
· Substantial knowledge of the education scene in Timor Leste
· Substantial experience with an international organization
Duration. Plan envisages an initial consultancy period of four-six weeks, preferably beginning in January 2013.
Interested? Please send a CV with the contact details for three professional referees to email@example.com before 17 December 2012.
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.