PLAN INTERNATIONAL CAREER OPPORTUNITY : NATIONAL GRANTS MANAGER
CAREER OPPORTUNITY: NATIONAL GRANTS MANAGER
Plan International is one of the world’s largest children’s INGOs - see www.plan-international.org . Plan has worked in Timor Leste since 2002, and we expect to continue to serve children here for many years to come.
We seek an ambitious professional interested in a challenging long-term career. The National Grants Manager is a senior position. We expected that he/she will progressively take over the grants management role from an expatriate Resource Mobilization Manager. The National Grants Manager will increase funding for Plan’s work for children, and ensure transparency and accountability to Plan’s donors and supporters.
Background, skills, experience
- Masters degree, or demonstrated equivalent level of competence
- Postgraduate education in a University in an English speaking country is an advantage
- Strong financial management skills are essential. The National Grants Manager must support development and monitoring of very large budgets
· Extremely fluent written English is essential. The National Grants Manager must lead or support preparation of long and complex proposals and reports
· Fluent Tetun is an advantage
- Strong people and relationship building skills. The National Grants Manager must work closely with Plan offices across Europe, Australasia and North America
- High level of organization and initiative are essential
- Experience with an international organization is an advantage
- Strong understanding of Timorese development and child rights issues, to contribute to proposals and reports
The position is based in Dili, with some travel to the Districts, and occasional international travel.
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- Plan strongly encourages and welcomes applications from women, and from people with disabilities
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
Interested? Please send a CV with the contact details for three professional referees to email@example.com before 18 January 2013.