JSMP : JOB VACANCY MONITORING AND EVALUATION ADVISOR, LEGAL RESEARCH UNIT
MONITORING and EVALUATION ADVISOR, legal research unit
Location: Dili, Timor-Leste
Contract duration: 10 days in January 2013
The Judicial System Monitoring Program (JSMP) is an independent, nationally-led NGO that was established in 2001 to monitor the Timor-Leste justice system's level of compliance with international human rights standards and contribute to good governance.
From January 2012 JSMP will implement the Facilitating Access to Justice in Timor-Leste project which is a two year project funded by the United Nations Democracy Fund. The goal of the project is to contribute to the development of an effective justice sector in Timor-Leste that is accessible, transparent and promotes the rule of law. The project will achieve this by improving the community’s understanding of and confidence in the justice sector. The expected outcomes of this project are:
· community understanding of the formal justice system is enhanced in 6 districts
· community understanding of the legislative process is enhanced in 6 districts, and
· transparency of the justice sector is enhanced.
The M&E Advisor will work closely with JSMP staff, in particular the Coordinator of the Legal Research Unit, to develop a monitoring plan based on the Project Document and a range of monitoring tools to effectively conduct outcome monitoring. The M&E Advisor will also provide training to Legal Research Unit staff on conducting M&E.
Required outputs for the position are:
· Comprehensive 2 year M&E plan based on Project Document
· Monitoring tools – pre/post workshop questionnaires, user surveys, stakeholder interview questions, SMS polling, post-seminar questionnaires, and
· Training for JSMP staff on how to implement the M&E plan and using the monitoring tools.
The advisor will be engaged for a total of 10 days in January 2013.
Review of Project Document
Preparation of M&E plan
Preparation of monitoring tools
Presentation of M&E plan and monitoring tools to JSMP staff for feedback
Finalisation of M&E plan monitoring tools
Preparation of staff training
Deliver staff training
The M&E Advisor will be paid at a rate of US$330 per day. JSMP will reimburse return flights to Dili to undertake the contract at a maximum rate of US$1,600 upon submission of a receipt. JSMP will not reimburse for any accommodation or meals associated with the contract.
Required qualifications and experience:
The consultant must have the following qualifications and experience:
· A university degree in a relevant discipline (law, social science, international development)
· Previous experience in evaluating development programs in the area of justice, human rights or governance
· Demonstrated understanding of evaluation tools, methodology and reporting
· Excellent analytical, communication and report writing skills
· Previous experience in delivering training and capacity building for staff or local partners
It is highly desirable for the consultant to have the following skills:
· Fluent in Tetum and or Indonesian
· Demonstrated understanding of the justice sector in Timor-Leste
· Previous work experience in Timor-Leste
APPLICATION AND CONTACT DETAILS
A statement (maximum 2 pages) addressing the required qualifications and experience with a current CV must be submitted by email to the Legal Advisor of the Women’s Justice Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Monday 10 December 2012.
All questions regarding this TOR can be directed to:
Legal Advisor, Women’s Justice Unit
Judicial System Monitoring Programme