Job - Grant and Compliance Manager
Title Grant and Compliance Manager
Position National Staff – Full-time
Responsible to Program Support Coordinator
Location Dili, Timor-Leste with travel to districts
Application due Send completed application form to Benigna Martins by 5.00 PM on Friday, October 7, 2011
Oxfam offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include health care and pension contribution, paid annual leave, study cost reimbursement and more.
Oxfam has been supporting development and humanitarian work in Timor-Leste for over 30 years and currently implements a mutli-sectoral program by working in partnership with civil society organisations, communities and government. Three Oxfam affiliates (Hong Kong, New Zealand and Australia) have agreed to develop and implement a Joint Oxfam Strategic Plan with a single management structure as Oxfam International. Oxfam Australia will be the managing affiliate. The current Oxfam program includes work towards four change goals – Economic Justice, Essential Services, Gender Justice and Rights in Crisis.
SCOPE OF POSITION
This is a management position within the Program Support Unit. Working as a counterpart to the Program Support Coordinator, the Grants & Compliance Manager will take the lead on all partner administration, and over time will take on further responsibilities within the PSU. A key aspect of this role will be to ensure that Oxfam’s partner grant administration processes are both timely and responsive to the needs of partners. The position will provide mentoring, ongoing support and effective capacity building to partners in the areas of financial management. This position requires significant domestic travel to the districts.
Successful Candidates will have the following experience:
· High level financial management skills with the ability to build the capacity of others in this area.
· At least three years experience in the successful delivery of financial management services in an NGO environment.
· Ability to work independently and make autonomous decisions often in remote locations within organisational policy
· Experience in working with partners and providing guidance on financial management systems.
· Excellent training and facilitation skills
· Sound understanding of the principles of accountability & transparency and an ability to translate these into simple financial systems for grass roots organisations.
· Proven analytical skills
· Experience and success in managing change processes within the administration area
· Experience at providing advice and support to small organisations in a way that they can understand and translate into sound financial practice.
· Advanced English communication skills. Fluency in Tetun and/or Bahasa Indonesia required.
· Knowledge and commitment to adhere to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct, Oxfam Code of Conduct, People in Aid Code of Good Practice and Sphere relief standards; and
· Relevant qualifications in finance as well as advanced computer skills.
To Apply: Request a detailed position description and Application Form from Benigna Martins, Human Resources Advisor, by e-mailing her email@example.com , calling 670-331-2605 or obtaining from the Oxfam office at Rua Jacinto Candido, Bidau Akadiru Hun, Dili, Timor-Leste. Please note that only applications submitted on our Application Form and received by 5:00PM Friday, October 7, 2011 will be accepted. They can be sent to above e-mail address, mailed to P.O. Box 152, Dili, and Timor-Leste or delivered to the Dili office.
Only Short Listed Applicants will be contacted