Information Systems Manager
The Embassy of the United States of America
The U.S. Embassy in Dili is seeking an individual for the position of Information Systems Manager in the Information Manager Officer office, at the U.S Embassy Dili, Timor-Leste located at Pantai Kelapa, Dili.
POSITION : Information Systems Manager
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The Information Systems Manger is the Systems Administrator for the Embassy. The incumbent reports to the Information Management Officer (IMO) and has principal responsibility to operate and maintain the Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Network (LAN), including CISCO networking communications equipment, Virtual Private Network (VPN) and radios, telephones, Internet and other unclassified communications equipment and systems. Has backup responsibility for DTSPO circuits. Provides guidance and support to users of all IT equipment and services. Maintains system integrity of the WAN and LAN; provides technical advice to the IMO; plans and develops projects to enable post to meet the Department of State IM Standards. Supervises one Information Systems Assistant and one Information Management Technician.
- Completion of university/college in Computer Science or related discipline;
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in information management, computer operations (Wide and Local area networks), systems design and analysis and some history of team supervision;
- Language Requirement: Level 4 English required; Level 3 Tetum required;
- Possess thorough knowledge of PC hardware and software, e.g. SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Windows NT for Server, Windows 2003 Professional and Windows XP, MS Exchange 2000, and SMS. Must be thoroughly adept with word processing, spreadsheet and database principles and methods. Knowledge of CISCO networking and TCP/IP desirable. Must be thoroughly familiar with LAN, WAN and VPN system operating principles;
- Must be able to deal comfortably with Foreign Service Nationals and Americans at all levels in the embassy. Must be able to effectively prioritize urgency of end user problems and deal simultaneously with multiple issues. Ability to write software applications in Access and Excel and other application development platforms.
WHO MAY APPLY: Local nationals or anyone with the required permits and documentation to legally seek employment in Timor-Leste.
HOW TO APPLY: Complete DS-174 (Universal Application for Employment). An application form is available at the US. Embassy Rua Praia dos Coqueiros Dili, Timor-Leste. Applicants may also attach a resume or CV which contains the same information as required in form DS-174.
An attractive salary and fringe benefits package will be commensurate with candidate’s qualifications and experience.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Human Resources Office, Attention: Recruitment American Embassy, Rua Praia dos Coqueiros Dili, Timor-Leste
E-mail: DiliHR2@state.gov or Fax: +670-3324684
DO NOT ATTACH PHOTO
CLOSING DATE FOR THE POSITION: October 25, 2011