Hivos Job Announcement: Finance and Admin Manager
Hivos Job: Finance and Administration Manager (FAM)
Building Food Security and Resilience among Rural Households in
Hivos is a Dutch development organization guided by humanist values. Hivos is currently implementing an EU-funded Food Security Project in three eastern districts of Timor Leste. We seek a Finance and Administration Manager (FAM) who will be responsible for the overall
Key responsibilities of the FAM include: training and mentoring of Hivos and partner NGO finance/admin staff on policies and procedures, donor regulations, new systems, and financial practices. The FAM will work closely with the Programme Manager (immediate supervisor) and the Regional Office for Southeast Asia (ROSEA) personnel in Jakarta and concerned partner NGO staff to ensure compliance with all donor regulations, effective internal controls and field operations. The FAM will also manage a logistics staff based in Dili and administrative staff, driver and security guards in its Lospalos field office.
The position will be based in Lospalos, Lautem district with regular travels to Baucau (once/twice a month) and Dili (at least once a month).
- University degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 3-5 years of experiences in finance and accounting preferably in an International NGO/s
- Good skills in administration and office management
- Experience with HR issues
- Basic understanding of Timor-Leste law covering financial regulations, tax and labour law
- Sound analytical skills and numerical skills
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to liaise with government officials and donors and work well in team settings
- Good leadership skills and a positive hands on attitude
- Good command of spoken and written English, fluent in Tetun
- Computer skills (Ms. Word, Ms. Excel, Ms. Power Point, Internet and E-mail)
How to apply:
Please send application letter addressing the above qualifications and CV (in English) to Raul de la Rosa at email@example.com by 30 November 2012.
Women applicants are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
Raul de la Rosa
Building Food Security and Resilience among Rural Households in Timor Leste
Rua Bairro Formosa No. 5, Dili, Timor Leste
Tel/Fax: +670 443 0030/331 2578
Mobile: +670 7790 9077