EMPREZA DI'AK NGO
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Position: National Program Officer
Duration: 10 months, with possibility of extension
Location & Start Date: Dili, to start immediately
Application deadline: 7 October 2011
Empreza Diak is a registered Timorese NGO with a groundbreaking mission: fight poverty not through charity but through empowering business solutions that are sustainable, replicable and have a social goal. Our goal is to design, test and replicate good businesses for good causes, with a special focus on eradicating extreme poverty and hunger and promoting gender equality and women empowerment.
Our main projects are:
· Futuru Di'ak, a project in partnership with the UNDP's Justice System Program to tackle domestic violence through innovative business empowerment schemes. Futuru Di'ak will give Timorese women living in shelters a way out from abusive situations through economic independence. Empreza Di'ak will conduct consultations with stakeholders, institutions and victims to select the best business opportunities and will design and deliver training, business and legal support to the women enrolled in the project.
· Ikan Di'ak, developing business with a social impact in the fishing sector benefiting mainly women in poor coastal communities, while fighting malnutrition by promoting local access to affordable fish.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager and overall supervision of the Director, the Program Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
· Implement Futuru Di'ak's activities in accordance with the project plan, including consultation with governmental and non-governmental stakeholders, reporting on consultation processes, support in the development of business opportunities, monitoring and evaluation;
· Prepare activities' progress reports;
· Track program spending, working with the Finance Manager and Program Manager for the production of necessary reports;
· Revisit and adjust targets and work plans on the basis of monitoring information;
· Supervise national staff in administration, logistics, monitoring and program works;
· Support the coordination of Ikan Di'ak's related activities;
· Undertake field visits to closely monitor the current progress of programs;
· Represent Empreza Di'ak in meetings and related activities when needed;
· Performance of other tasks when required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· University degree in one or more of the following disciplines: economics, business administration, development studies or a field relevant to international development;
· At least two years of professional experience in project management/development, public sector management and/or emergency assistance;
· Good software skills, especially Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in Tetum and English; good oral and written communications in Portuguese would be an advantage;
· Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative;
· Detail oriented and ability to meet deadlines;
· Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team;
· Having a motor cycle or vehicle driver’s licence would be an advantage.
Coordinate and report to Empreza Diak's Program Manager.
WORKING AT EMPREZA DI’AK:
We strongly believe that our innovative approach to fight poverty in Timor-Leste will bring important social change and we take proud in a job well done. Our team is very enthusiastic and we are looking for ambitious and committed individuals. The position will also allow you to use your current skills and to learn new ones. This position is part of a welcoming team, who shares work and support one another with learning.
For qualified applicants please submit application letter, CV, and two references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or at our office in Rua Colegio das Madres, Balide (at the center of Forum Comunicações Juventude - FCJ Oratorio Don Bosco), before October 7, 2011.
The position is open to nationals of Timor-Leste only.
Empreza Diak is committed to gender equality and qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview.