Communication Assistant - Timor-Leste
Communication Assistant – Timor-Leste
The World Bank is currently looking for Communication Assistant in Timor-Leste. The Communications Assistant's main accountability is to proactively participate in the design and implementation of effective communications and outreach strategies in order to raise awareness and understanding about, and improve the image of, the World Bank in Timor-Leste.
Duties and Accountabilities:
· Is overall responsible for helping execute, and monitor the impact of routine- to medium-profile communications strategies and campaigns about the Bank's work, programs and/or policies that target key external audiences and/or colleagues throughout the Bank. Strengthens internal communications within the Bank through gathering and compiling newsletter contributions, blog contributions and organizing EAP Updates.
· Liaises and maintains relationships with certain key internal and/or external (e.g., the media, civil society, academia, businesses, local government agencies, etc.) constituencies to identify opportunities for possible strategic partnerships and to strengthen the Bank's overall effectiveness and image in Timor-Leste.
· Responds to routine and non-routine inquiries about the Bank from all constituencies to enhance two-way communications and dialogue with key audiences, presenting complex information on sometimes difficult issues. This may include giving oral presentations to small- to medium-sized target groups within and/or outside the Bank that have a general interest in Bank activities.
· In Bank Country Office settings, provides support to Public Information Center (PIC) Assistant, including the organization of a monthly events schedule for the PIC. Implements a dissemination outreach strategy within the country, including materials and activities to publicize PIC holdings and events.
· Works independently on routine tasks and programs, but seeks guidance from his/her supervisor as needed on moderately complex projects/issues.
· Bachelor degree in relevant disciplines including Communications, Journalism, Marketing, International Relations/Public Affairs, Political Science, or other related field.
· Minimum of 2 (two) years relevant work experience.
· Good understanding of communications approaches, tools and methodologies related to planning, executing, and monitoring external communications strategies – e.g., campaign management, social marketing, opinion research, outreach tactics, message targeting, etc
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong presentation skills. Spoken and written fluency required in English and, for field positions, in at least one major language of the region/country. And Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal/external partners in a multicultural environment.
Qualified candidates may apply on-line at https://www.worldbank.org/jobs and choose vacancy # 110183
Alternatively please send your application to:
Ms. Leila Martins
The World Bank
Avenida dos Direitos Humanos
Dili, Timor Leste
The closing date is Tuesday, 17 May 2011