VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: SECURITY SPECIALIST
World Vision – Timor Leste
About World Vision
World Vision International is an independent, global, Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision is dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Motivated by our Christian faith, World Vision is dedicated to working with the world's most vulnerable people.
About World Vision Timor Leste (East Timor)
World Vision Timor Leste (WVTL) began its first project in 1995 with an Area Development Program (ADP) in Aileu District, under the auspices of World Vision Indonesia. Due to the worsening political climate and violence at the time, the ADP was forced to close in 1999, when a majority of children and communities fled the area and became refugees. In September 1999, World Vision opened its Dili Office, and was a prominent agency in the emergency relief effort to rebuild Timor Leste. Currently WVTL has 15 projects across four districts (Dili, Aileu, Bobonaro and Baucau). The WVTL National Strategy 2009-2013 outlines three pillars – transformational development, humanitarian emergency and affairs, and advocacy. These form the basis of WVTL’s programs, which seek to achieve three goals:
Health - promote health, nutrition and access to clean water for mothers and children in target communities
Education - improved holistic education of children and young people within target communities, and
Community Economic Development - economically sustainable and resilient households.
Purpose of the Position
To support the National Director, Finance Director and other Senior Management in ensuring effective Security Management for the Timor Leste Program.
Conduct Risk Assessments and Risk Management measures for all WVTL District Offices/sites in Timor-Leste:
· Monitor the Security situation in Timor-Leste
· Conduct periodic field visits to all District sites to complete/review Security Risk Assessments
· Review/Develop Security Plans/Procedures
· Conduct Security Risk Assessments for all International staff residences
· Identify security concerns and provide recommendations to the Security Manager
· Maintain Security Plans, Evacuation Procedures, and Contingency Plans and provide staff training:
· Review all security documents on a regular basis (for example, the Security Plan – Annually; SOPs – 6 Monthly; Evacuation Plan – Annually; Fire Plan – Annually; Written Communication Procedures – Annually).
· Ensure staff compliance to Security Plans, Evacuation Procedures, SOPs, Fire Plans and Communications etc by providing regular staff training
· at least 3 years management preferably in security field (Private, NGO, Government)
· college graduated
· fluent in both English and Tetun/Bahasa Indonesia
· Has computer skills and willing to travel to the district offices
For more information and detailed position description, please call (+670) 3312834/7364453
Applicants should submit an application letter, CV and other documents to: HR Department, World Vision Timor Leste, Av. Dos Direitos Humanos Estrada de Bidau, Bidau Mota Klaran, Dili Bidau, Dili or branch office in Maliana, Baucau & Aileu.
or you may send your CV to email address: Jose_daCosta@wvi.org.
Only short listed candidates will be notified and application will not be returned.
World Vision Timor Leste is committed to the principles of workplace diversity.
Closing date is Friday, 6 January 2012 at 5:00pm