Vacancy Announcement No. 2011/TLS-021
Post Title: Field Monitor Assistant
Contract Type: Service Contract
Post grade: SC-3
Duty Station: Baucau
Duration: One year Service Contract (with 3 months’ probation period)renewable
Deadline of Application: 19 September 2011
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub Office, Baucau , the Field Monitor Assistant will be responsible for, and not limited to, the following duties:
· Co-ordinate and monitor the implementation of the food assistance such as Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (MCHsN) programme at a local level, in close collaboration with cooperating partners and Government departments;
· Data-entry of Field Monitor Reports into MCHN databases;
· Supervise the efficient distribution of food aid at the site and verify whether beneficiaries receive the approved appropriate entitlements. Provide timely feedback to Head of Sub-Office on findings of the distribution monitoring (DM);
· Provide immediate verbal and/or written report to supervisor on any major issues in the field that prevents the distributions to proceed as scheduled;
· Monitor and review the overall commodity movements such as food deliveries, storage, transport and distribution at the site and verify if the amounts received have been properly recorded, damaged or suspected to be damaged;
· Report regularly to the Head of Sub-Office on relevant events regarding food management, distribution and other related issues presenting in the field;
· Identify any issues of interest in the programme and report them to the Head of Sub Office;
· Maintain Radio contact with Sub-Office whilst on field work;
· Perform any other related duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
Secondary School education supplemented with experience or additional qualification in education, social services, nutrition, agriculture or other development-related field.
At least 2-3 years of progressively responsible work experience including at least 1 year the field of statistics, refugee operations or another related field. Sound judgment, initiative and integrity; ability to extract, interpret, analyze and format data and to resolve operational problems. Ability to work with minimum of supervision; ability to write reports in English. Must be able to work effectively under time constraints and pressure and to deal patiently and tactfully with staff members at all levels and with others. Fluency in both oral and written English. Knowledge of local languages. Qualified Timorese candidates are requested to quote the Vacancy Number on the envelopes and send or hand deliver their application letter, enclosing their updated CVs together with copies of academic and professional certificates, names and addresses of three referees to:
Human Resources Unit OR Head of Sub Office
UN World Food Programme – UN World Food Programme
Rua Balide, Mascarenhas, P.O. Box133, Dili, Timor Leste Baucau Sub Office.
Post is open to male and female candidates, but female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Date of Issue: 5 September 2011
WFP GIVES AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL GENDER OR EMPLOYEE