Training Director & District Coordinator (SCOPE)
The Asia Foundation Timor-Leste is re-advertising for the position of Training Director and District Coordinator.
We would be grateful if you could kindly distribute the advertisement to your network or to those who you think might be interested in the available position.
1. DISTRICT COORDINATOR – SCOPE
The Asia Foundation Timor-Leste (an International NGO) is currently seeking for candidates for the position DISTRICT COORDINATOR for Securing Communities through Outreach and Police Engagement (SCOPE) Projects. The District Coordinator will work with Asia Foundation staff on Securing Communities through Outreach and Police Engagement (SCOPE) Program with primary responsibility for ensuring all SCOPE project activities within the district are implemented in an organized manner and all project outputs are met.
2. TRAINING DORECTOR – SCOPE
The Asia Foundation Timor-Leste (an International NGO) is currently seeking for candidates for the position TRAINING DIRECTOR for Securing Communities through Outreach and Police Engagement (SCOPE) Projects. The Training Director Shall work with Secure Communities Outreach and Police Engagement (SCOPE) Program Manager, SCOPE Program Officers, training staff at the National Police at the Timor-Leste (PNTL) training Academy, and other Technical Advisor in the design and implementation of the training of training (ToT) component of the SCOPE program. The SCOPE Methodology is fundamentally designed to empower local communities to identify their own security needs and to identify who needs to participate in order to positively address those issues. The main deliverable of the training Director is to ensure the capacity development of a group of a police and civil society trainers who can in turn successfully co-deliver (in-mix pairs) the training and facilitation processes as per the SCOPE methodology. The Training Director will ensure the training of trainers (ToT) component includes (a) at least a one-week general orientation to COP practices and (b) two weeks of instruction on training, forming, and Managing CPCs.
· Demonstrated work experience in development work of Timor Leste
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
· Strong networking and community fieldwork skill, including relations with government
· At least a bachelor degree in social-political science, economics, development studies and any related university degree
· Strong Tetun/Indonesian presentation and facilitation skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrate management and organizational ability and computer proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet
· Work experience with international organization preferred
· Independent and proactive, while being able to work in team, especially cross culture
· Ability and willingness to work under minimum supervision.
One year contract with one month probation, and with possible extension, commencing as soon as possible.
Application is due by May 17, 2011. Please send cover letter, resume and contact address/phone addressed to Office Manager, The Asia Foundation, Rua De Nu Luran No. 20, Bairo Dos Grilhos, Dili, Timor Leste or to TAFTimorLeste@asiafound.org. Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
For full position description please contact Joaquina da Fonseca on 3313457 or by email to the above email address.
The job is open for Timorese nationality and Permanent Residents only.
Joaquina da Fonseca
The Asia Foundation