Short Term M&E Adviser for Governance for Development program
Job vacancy: Adviser (short term)
Emerging Markets is implementing the interim phase of the AusAID-funded Governance for Development Program in Timor-Leste. We are seeking a highly-qualified M&E specialist to advise AusAID on the development and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation framework for the program.
The M&E specialist will:
- Together with the Governance for Development (GfD) design adviser, finalise the interim phase monitoring and evaluation framework, including development of detailed reporting templates and data collection tools. This should be based on an evaluability assessment of the Interim Governance for Development program.
- Provide overall management for the implementation of the framework for the interim phase of Governance for Development, in a way that meets the AusAID standards of monitoring and evaluation practice (available on request) and reflects the intention and approaches of the new GfD program.
- Undertake specific areas of data collection including interviews with relevant AusAID staff, interviews with Government of Timor-Leste personnel, interrogation of existing Government of Timor-Leste data systems and other data collection and research as required.
- Undertake initial synthesis and analysis of all monitoring and evaluation data for each three months of the interim phase of the program and provide an initial report based on this analysis. The analysis of data should be framed around performance questions outlined in the MEF.
- Provide a final report for each three months of the interim phase following AusAID and other stakeholder review of the initial report.
- Where appropriate provide support and advice for development of Government of Timor-Leste monitoring and evaluation systems which are in line with the focus and intentions of the GfD program
- Actively contribute to program learning throughout the interim phase in order to support the design of GfD.
- Contribute to the considerations and development of monitoring and evaluation framework for GfD.
Applications close 23.30 Dili Time on 28 October 2012.
For full details of this position (including remuneration, timeframes, and instructions on how to apply) please visit our recruitment website:http://www.cardno.com/en-au/Careers/Pages/GfD---M-and-E-Adviser.aspx
Australian Aid- managed by Cardno Emerging Markets on behalf of AusAID.