rogressio Administration Assistant
Job Title: Administration Assistant
Reports to: Programme Officer
Purpose : To provide support and assistance to the Country Support Staff and the Development Workers in the day to day administration and logistic transaction.
- Supervise the ongoing maintenance of the general office, ensuring all appropriate services are maintained (office upkeep, staff welfare) for the office.
- Record and monitor administration spends including stationary, cleaning items, post and other items.
- Responsible for general filing system, staff notice board information, pigeon hole, contact list and upkeep
- Coordinate administration of office events, workshops with Programme Officer and Development Workers.
- Meet and greet visitors.
- Answer telephone and transfer to appropriate staff member/DW.
- Recording incoming and outgoing mails
- Receiving any letters, packages, invitations, etc from others and delivering them to the appropriate staff member/DW.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to photocopy, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Maintain hardcopy and electronic filing system.
- Maintain libraries and asset inventories.
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff office space, phones, ID cards, Tax numbers, and office keys.
- Set up and coordinate meetings and conferences.
- Assist staff in the process of working visa / temporary visa in Timor Leste as well as visa from relevant Embassies for travel abroad.
- Set up accommodation and transportation for Progressio guests and visitors.
- Conduct cost-benefit analysis and source office supplies.
- Conduct simple price index surveys.
- Maintain access of internet for all staff.
- Take minutes at staff meetings and distribute to all staff/DW.
- Perform any other duties as requested in the line of work.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in administration and office management
- Highly computer literate –email/internet/ word processing/ spreadsheet skills essential
- Excellent communication, numeracy and strong organisational skills
- Ability to cope with change
- Capacity to manage and work in a team under pressure and the ability to prioritise a large complex workload and to work to tight deadlines
- Sensitive to cultural differences, and able to work in a variety of cultural contexts
- Initiative to take responsibility and work with minimal supervision
- Confidentiality, tact, diplomacy and good interpersonal skills
- Must be a good team player
- Basic English language skills (speaking/listening)
- Experience working with international volunteers
- Ability to speak English well (speaking/listening/writing)
- Experience working with a non-governmental organization.
HOW TO APPLY
Sent a cover letter and current CV by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org cc email@example.com
Delivery by hand at Progressio Timor Leste office, Rua Cardoso Dias 17, Bairo Central, Dili
For further information please contact to +670 3312578
Only applicants who are short listed will be contacted
Deadline 24 October 2011 at 5pm