Program Planning and Development Specialist
Position Title: Program Planning and Development Specialist
Organization: Institute of International Education (IIE)
Project: USAID-funded Timor-Leste Development Scholarships and Higher Education Program (DSHEP)
The Institute of International Education (IIE) is seeking candidates for the Program Planning and Development Specialist position for the Timor-Leste Development Scholarships and Higher Education Program (DSHEP), funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). IIE is one of the world’s largest and most experienced global higher education and professional exchange organizations. The overall purpose of DSHEP is to provide training and technical services required to strengthen the base of skilled, high-performing professionals in institutions in Timor-Leste. DSHEP will include opportunities for long-term degree, and short-term certificate training in the U.S. or within the region, with expectations that participants will return home better equipped with formal qualifications as managers, civic and government leaders, subject matter specialists or entrepreneurs, and will be knowledge resources in the workplace.
The Program Planning and Development Specialist will manage and supervise the overall training budget and programmatic activities of the DSHEP project. The primary responsibilities of this senior level position will include the management of a rigorous annual outreach process among relevant stakeholders throughout Timor-Leste in order to recruit and select a diverse and highly qualified group of scholarship participants. The Program Planning and Development Specialist will work in close coordination with IIE’s offices in Washington, DC and New York in order to coordinate the university placement process for participants. This position will also oversee participant pre-departure activities, including English language training, visa applications, and pre-departure orientations. The Program Planning and Development Specialist will serve as liaison between existing stakeholders and NGOs to establish an alumni association.
- Advanced degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience, with a minimum of two years of managerial or team leader experience preferred
- Experience working with educational institutions in Timor-Leste
- Experience in managing all phases of an outreach and selection process
- Excellent understanding of the unique needs of participants coming from geographically diverse regions, rural areas, and underserved populations
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially and productively with a variety of partners and stakeholders
- Experience on USAID or other donor-funded projects preferred
- English language fluency a must with proficiency in Tetum, Bahasa, and or Portuguese preferred
For more information about IIE go to http://www.iie.org.
We are accepting applications immediately until November 15, 2012. Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone inquiries accepted. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.