MDG Case Study Evaluation - Evaluation Assistant
Project Title: MDG Case Study Evaluation
Position Title: Evaluation Assistant
Duty Station: Dili, Timor-Leste
Type of Contract: Individual Contractor (IC)
Duration: 10 months (March – December 2012)
Expected start date: March 2012
Organization Unit: Resident Coordinator Office
Timor-Leste will be conducting a comprehensive participatory case study evaluation during 2012 to assess the cumulative development impact of the work of the MDG Achievement Fund at national level through the results of its joint programmes and to strengthen Timor-Leste’s evaluation capacities. UNDP is seeking a qualified Evaluation Assistant to support the Evaluation Team in conducting the preparation, data collection, data analysis, write-up and dissemination stages of the case study evaluation process.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Supports the Evaluation Task Manager in the overall management of the evaluation, implementation of the work plan and drafting of the evaluation report.
· Organizes field visits, workshops, meetings and other events related to the evaluation.
· Collects relevant quantitative and qualitative data, interviews and/or focus group discussions and portfolio analysis, and produces statistical charts and tables for the evaluation report.
· Conducts background research, assists in document review and develops an annotated reference list.
· Maintains an internal documentation system and manages information flows within the evaluation team.
· Writes inception and evaluation report annexes and drafts sections of the evaluation report as required.
· Provides translation, interpretation and transcriptions services as required.
· Undertakes other duties as requested by the Task Manger.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
· A degree (or equivalent years of experience) in social science, public policy, engineering or related field.
· Experience in conducting research, monitoring and evaluation, project or programme implementation.
· Knowledge of UN Joint Programmes and the Millennium Development Goals in Timor-Leste is desirable.
· Conceptual thinking and analytical skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Computer proficiency, including the ability to work with Windows applications
· Proficiency in written and spoken English and Tetum is essential.
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS:
Interested individual consultants should submit i) a cover letter; ii) a current and complete C.V. with indication of 3 references, iii) a financial proposal specifying the consultant’s daily fee to the following address:
United Nations Development Programme
Obrigado Barracks Compound, Building 11
Caicoli Street, Dili, Timor-Leste
Fax: +670 3313534
The deadline for submitting applications is 16 March 2012
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in an interview to assess their qualifications and competencies.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.