In Country Manager, Dili, Timor Leste
In Country Manager, Dili, Timor Leste
Austraining International - Engaged in the present to develop the future
Austraining International is one of Australia’s premier international management and consultancy organisations. With an established presence in Asia and the Pacific, the company has extensive experience in the management of national and international education, governance, health, volunteering, training, and professional development programs that extend to both the private sector and development assistance agencies.
We believe that our people can have a tremendously positive impact on the lives of others and we are looking for a like minded, dynamic individual to join our team.
An opportunity has arisen for an In Country Manager to join the Austraining team. This role is based in Dili, Timor Leste, and is offered on an initial contract to 30 June 2013 with the possibility of an extension beyond this date subject to performance and on-going funding for the position.
This role reports to the Regional Director-Indonesia and is responsible for the management of all of Austraining volunteer programs and other projects as required in Timor Leste. The purpose of the role is to ensure that Austraining programs/projects meet company KPIs and strategic plan requirements, and exceed client and stakeholder expectation both in terms of efficiency of delivery and effectiveness of development and other desired outcomes.
The key responsibilities:
- Ensure the effective operational delivery of all program and project requirements to achieve milestone and performance targets
- Managing an Austraining office in Timor Leste
- HR Management, including the recruitment and management of local staff and sub contractors
- Financial management and budgeting of the Timor office
- In partnership with the Regional Director and the Regional Operations Manager, develop and implement an effective in country strategy aligned with Austraining’s Strategic Plan
- Develop and maintain effective management systems and processes, aligned with Austraining’s quality policies and procedures, including HR, financial budgets, and reporting
- Liaison with clients and partners, including client representatives, partner government representatives, volunteer and award holder host organisations
- Identify and initiate new business opportunities, in partnership with the head office Business Development Unit
- Evaluation of program outcomes against agreed performance targets and Austraining monitoring & evaluation framework
- Ensure the provision of welfare and support initiatives to volunteers and award holders are aligned with Austraining policies and procedures, and client expectations
The successful candidate
- You will have a strong understanding of risk management and be able to demonstrate an understanding of risk management in the context of Timor Leste.
- You will have relevant qualifications in international development (or similar) with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience in project management, budgeting and financial management is essential, along with outstanding communication, interpersonal and organisational skills, and the ability to foster and maintain key stakeholder relationships.
- Knowledge of Australia’s overseas aid program would be highly regarded.
- You must be an Australian Citizen or have permanent residential status to be considered for this position.
- friendly, positive culture
- commitment to training and development
- competitive salary based on skills and experience
- relocation assistance
The Job and Person Specification, and can be obtained from www.austraining.com.au/workwithus . It is also attached to this email.